Monday, December 8, 2008

Who's on first?

My brain is toast today. Emme was home sick today...combination of a bad cough and a bad stomach (from her new medication). I watched 3 episodes of Hannah Montana, played 7 games of war, 3 readings of A Charlie Brown Christmas...you get the idea.

So, now I'm helping Jake with homework. He's procrastinated, and his hockey night just got switched, so now he has a week's worth of homework to finish today & tomorrow. Bummer....

I'm reading Jake's spelling words to him, right off the list.

core
paper
near
sentence
better
what
were
and so on.

I get to better..have to help him spell it (spelling is Jake's Achilles' heel).

"Okay, mom, what's next?"
"What."
"After better."
"What's after better."
"Please, mom, what's after better?"
"Yes, you're right, what's after better."
"Mo-om...what's next?"
"Absolutely."
"Absolutely is NOT one of my words."
"You're right. What is."
"MOM!"

At this point, I finally gave in to laughter, and explained that "what" was the word.

He wasn't amused.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Anonymous said...

That made me giggle.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my BSc, I am still unable to believe it :)