Friday, April 12, 2013

Day Six Update - 21-Day Paleo Cleanse

End of a long, long week.  I've been sick for three weeks, and I'm tired of it.  No rest.

No change in my asthma.  Last year I had a nice reprieve from it, but this year it is ferocious.  Don't really expect anything yet, but it would have been nice.

I don't get the evening munchies that cannot be tamed.  Those "I'll just have a few chips.  They will hit the spot."  "No, that wasn't it...maybe a cookie."  "Hmmm, maybe just a few more chips."

Yesterday I really  felt some of my tummy bloat was tamed - and I have lost three pounds.  That's a big plus, since I haven't felt hungry at all.  In fact, I believe the volume of food I am eating is less, yet I am more satisfied.

I think I have been sleeping better.  I usually wake up several times a night, but have slept the last two nights through.  In fact, yesterday morning I slept right through my alarm.  Haven't done that in YEARS.    

My favorite meal of the last few days is simply called the "Breakfast Smoothie."  That doesn't come close to the deliciousness in a glass that it is.  Simply frozen mixed berries, banana, coconut milk and shredded coconut blended together.  Nothing to sweeten it at all.  I'm making extra tomorrow for Emma.  Will be interesting to see what she thinks of it.

She and her friend raved about the chicken tonight - Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Rosemary Chicken.  But she didn't like the "leaves," and pulled them out of the chicken.

No comments: