Sunday, May 24, 2009

How do you make a hiker?

We hiked to Upper Brandy Creek Falls today. It's an easy little hike for kids, with a beautiful spot to relax at the end.

We didn't hike it last year because of the fires.

The year before we went several times, and always had a good time. The Jelly Bean Princess would whine a little, but she was only 4. We'd slide around and land in pools of icy water and pretend it was our very own water park.

This year was different.

The Princess cried the entire way there. I'm not talking whining....full out sobs. "Just leave me here." "This is the worst day of my life."

It wasn't even hot.

But there were bugs everywhere. And dirt. And the ground wasn't perfectly flat.

This girl is not cut out to be a hiker....what can I do? I LOVE hiking. The Prince is a great hiker.

Do I leave her at home with a sitter next time, and come home talking about what a great time we had? Or do I just make her buck up and keep doing it?

I'd post pics, but she'd kill me.

No comments: