Friday, March 27, 2009

Relay for Life

Cancer has really been a big, ugly presence in my life this year.

My friend Heide died.
My friend Dawn became a survivor.
My friend Randy is fighting for his life right now.

This isn't new. I've lost a lot of people to cancer: my brother, Tony; my father; two uncles...friends...the list could go on and on.

In 2003 I completed the Breast Cancer 3-Day. It was brutal. You can read about my experience here. I don't think I could do it again.

But I can do this. And you can help. Here's a link . You can donate online. Even if you're not able to donate, maybe you could lift a prayer for me.

Thanks,

2 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

That cancer is a bitch. A cold hearted bitch.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Awesome and inspiring post. Im clicking over now.