Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's the holidays, and you better damn well enjoy them.

So, I'm on the phone with someone this morning - she's trying to sell me a service that we ALREADY HAVE. She sold it to us, but effectively has the mind of a pea. Needless to say, I'm already thinking she's wasting my time.. Then she asks if I'm ready for Christmas....I told her that I'm done shopping, except for stocking stuffers. She then tells me SHE CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS TO BE OVER! What kind of a sick sentiment is that? It's the one time of the year that even grouches are nice, people are humming under their breath, holding doors open for you, and generally sharing good cheer. Why would anyone want that to end? Sure, there's a bit more traffic. Okay, it's overly commercialized. For years even I had trouble facing Christmas - my mom died right before Christmas when I was 10 - but I never disliked it.

We had a potluck today at work. We met at 7:00 a.m. Unbelievable how much food I ate. I just kept eating and eating and eating. Bacon and sausage and eggs, oh, my. I've been watching what I eat for two weeks now, and it's all gone to hell in half a day. But I love pork....how could you not love pork? It would be like not loving Christmas? Just wrong.

No comments: