Monday, January 4, 2010

How I've spent my kids' Christmas vacation


Holding my darling daughter while her foot was stitched and her toe "reduced." That's fancy talk for "grabbing the end of her toe and pulling it as hard as humanly possible until it pops back into alignment, while she screams her freakin' head off."

Holding her again when she got her stitches out. And finding out that if it hasn't started to heal in another week, she gets to have a pin put in. It's a toe. Who cares if it falls off, really?

Watching "Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel." And being durn-fool enough to BUY. THE. SOUNDTRACK.

Finding out we DON'T get to move into my ex-husband's THREE bedroom house (after he moves out, of course)...but we get to stay here in our two bedroom apartment with the world's best neighbors. Too bad they are a couple buildings over, and the ones right next to us have a bad habit of banging on the wall when they think my kids are too loud. Never mind their baby who cries at all hours or their two horse-sized dogs who run up and down the stairs several times a day.

Having the crud come live in my chest, and then giving it to my wonderful kids, so that their coughing could keep me awake at night.

Crying and swearing I'll never date again, ever. Yeah, right. I've said THAT one before...in fact, I think it was on my resolutions for 2008.

I did make one resolution this year. One. Of course, I can't remember what it was, because I can't find the back of the envelope I wrote it on.

Wait, that's right.

Annie's 2010 New Year's Resolution:

To be more organized.

Pffft.

Happy New Year!

No comments: