Sunday, October 14, 2007

Of (big) mice and (fat wo)men

Yesterday, we celebrated Doctor Fairy Princess' 5th birthday with a party at the local Chuck E. Cheese. I was hoping that something else would tickle her fancy this year, but that didn't happen.

One mom called shortly before the party - Isa was sick. Jade never showed up, but her mom had warned me that might happen. That left us with two attendees, both dropped off by their parents...did they really peel out of the parking lot, laughing hysterically, or was that my imagination? Thankfully, two sisters, who are friends with my two were already there, and joined in our party. Still, I was the only adult. So that left me to sit at the table by myself, distributing tokens as necessary, and devour salad and pizza.

For those of you who have ever been to big Chuck's - no explanation is necessary. For those who haven't - no explanation is possible.

This was the first year that Emme wasn't afraid of the big mouse. For some reason, she refuses to call him by name.






Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: