Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mini consumers

It's a 20-minute drive from my home to my children's school. Yes, there is one closer - in fact, the bus stops at the end of our street. But the King started at a wonderful school in the next town, and we've chosen to keep him there, and start his sister there, as well.

As we're driving the King pops up, "Mom, what are minions?" First I spelled it for him, then I spelled it out. "But do they get paid for doing that?" "No, I don't think so, honey. They got a spot to sleep, and some food, but I don't think that an evil one's minions actually took home a paycheck." "Why not? Oh, wait, I know....they didn't have malls then, so they didn't need money!"

Right.

He walked with me to drop his younger sister off at her kindergarten class. As usual, she didn't want me to leave. Mrs. A is great at redirection - "Guess what we're going to do today? We're having a party, since everyone has been so good, and we're having gummy worms."

"But you won't let me have as many as I want!"

I've done my job as a dutiful American - I'm raising two little consumers!

No comments: