Tuesday, February 17, 2009

She's been healed!

2:30 this morning I hear my princess get up for a drink of water. She went back to bed, but was thrashing around. A lot. "Mama? My tummy hurts and I think I'm going to pu_____." (Insert retching noises here).

That's how my day started. How about yours?

At 7:15, we left to take the boy to school. Princess was holding a bowl in her lap. Thankfully, it didn't get used in the car.

By 8:30, we were home again (I had to go by the post office and pick up the mail, then drop it to work). And she was fine. Six hours of gastritis, followed by a day of cheerfulness. Of course I couldn't take her to school at that point, because of the 24-hour rule all parents whose children go to school or daycare are familiar with.

So we watched a movie. Played Sorry. Played Hide & Seek. She took two baths. We read 7 books. Picked up the boy at 4 (school ends at 2:45, but he has Good News Club on Tuesdays and didn't want to miss).

I am exhausted.

But as I was putting her to bed tonight, reading Horton Hears a Who, she looked up at me and said, "Mama, I can't WAIT for school tomorrow!"

And neither can I.

1 comment:

Phoo-D said...

I'm glad she's feeling better! There's nothing worse than the stomach flu as a kid. I love your header photo - it's beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my site!
Phoo-D