Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Week to Remember



What a hard week. Fires all around - so many people's homes are threatened. One of my co-workers broke her leg, very badly. Surgery, bars, pins... Josie still hasn't found anywhere else to go, and I just can't keep her much longer. I don't want to have to take her to the mission, but I can't risk losing my lease. I pray each day she'll find someone who can take her in just for a while...if each of her friends let her stay for a few days, she'd be fine until she can get on welfare. No good news on her family front, and her nanny job fell through.

My kids are in South Dakota until Sunday. I miss them dreadfully, though I know it's wonderful they are visiting their dad's family - and he has a lot of family back there. I talked to Emme last night, and as I always do, I asked her, "What was the best thing that happened today?" I just about fell over laughing when she answered, "I got to clean Grandma's house! I got to squirt the hose, and spray the windows..." She's my little jelly-bean, and I love her so.

Jake's call was short. "Hi, Mom. I love you. Gotta go, bye." That's my boy.

And a friend of mine is having a baby today or tomorrow (they're starting the pitocin drip right about now). She's down at UC Davis, as the baby has some issues that couldn't be handled in Redding, but they have a terrific team of doctors down there. I can't wait to meet her little guy! He'll be in the hospital down there anywhere from 1 - 3 months.

So I plod along at work...yes, I'm on a break right now.

No comments: