Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Top 2008 List.

I remember being a child and trying to figure out how old I'd be in 2000. Wow - that sure seemed old. Here we are, eight years later. I am now the age my mother was when she died (yes, she was terribly young to die). 2008 will be great.

I haven't made resolutions since I was in college. But here goes:

  1. Be an encourager (Thanks, Jessie!)
  2. Go to the gym at least four times a week (I can't wait until those OTHER New Year's Resolution workout idiots burn out and it's not so crowded)
  3. Eat less junk food - like none.
  4. Accept not one single date. For the whole year. I'm not kidding.
  5. Make it to the Stirring every week. Invite at least one new person a month (I figured those two kind of go together).
  6. Pray more.
  7. Use my languages more. Yes, that's right, folks. At one time or another in my life I've been able to speak conversationally in French, Spanish and German, and I can still swear in Russian (very effective around small children). But if you don't use it, you lose it. So I'm going to use it. Buenos Dias, Mademoiselle. Sprechen Sie Deutsche?
  8. Read more blogs. My favorites (look right) make me think and laugh every day.
  9. Try to get the Prince to eat a more varied diet. Or give up completely and let him live on ham sandwiches and chicken nuggets. I haven't decided yet.
  10. Dance more. In fact, I'm dancing in my chair, at my desk, while typing this! Picture that!
  11. Sing karaoke. By myself. With people watching. This Friday night at Dry Creek - be there and hear me roar!
  12. Go somewhere I've never been. Like Portland.
I am accepting three more resolutions - please submit your choices for me, and I'll let you vote on the top three! Yes - you will have a chance to determine the course of my life for 2008! Entries must be submitted by 6:00 p.m. on January 10, 2008. One entry per person. Unless, of course, you want to send me $50...then you can enter as many times as you want. Knock yourself out.

Ciao, baby.

No comments: